PDA

View Full Version : Masturbation & Testosterone Levels - Here's Your Answer

axman319
March 1st, 2005, 01:53 PM
does wacking off effect ur testocerone level??

sara khan
March 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
no its actually healthy...those who dont can die....

-R-T-B-
March 1st, 2005, 02:06 PM
No. It doesn't. There's a few threads on this, do a search.

Tandoori []>imp
March 1st, 2005, 04:35 PM
yeah it does-- thats why i try not 2 do it
go to herballove.com for more info
its a good site chek it out
:dance3:

driftking_s14
March 1st, 2005, 04:47 PM
no but it decreases your sexual energy...... yeh got o the webpage tat dude was talking about haha

T.Dimera
March 1st, 2005, 05:09 PM
some say it effects dht levels which lead to early baldness.

Da XtC Q
March 1st, 2005, 05:48 PM
some say it effects dht levels which lead to early baldness.
that's true ^^

and it just lowers testosterone levels, which, if done a lot, may slow growth.

ILuvPTA
March 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM
But isn't that just like saying sex is bad for u? :rolleyes:
Ur still secreting the same thing ...........

ILuvPTA
March 1st, 2005, 10:35 PM
oh yeah ----- ever seen I started jackin off years ago I noticed that my hair actually got thicker!!!!!!!!!!

axman319
March 2nd, 2005, 01:16 AM
that's true ^^

no wonder i havent grown in a whileee..fuck

indianchick87
March 2nd, 2005, 01:18 AM
that's true ^^

oh someone told me it makes it bigger :neutral:

-R-T-B-
March 2nd, 2005, 01:27 AM
Masturbation in NO WAY decreases your Testosterone levels. It is physiologically impossible. Sperm does not equal Testosterone. Bottom line.

-R-T-B-
March 2nd, 2005, 01:42 AM
As I've mentioned before, it does NOT effect your Testosterone levels.

23Q. I want to start working out to build muscle mass.
Some of my friends say masturbation will increase testosterone, but others say it will decrease testosterone. What effect will masturbation have?

Masturbation is very unlikely to decrease testosterone levels. Semen is not the source of testosterone, and ejaculation will not cause testosterone levels to go down.

All other things being equal, increased sexual activity -- including masturbation -- tends to increase testosterone levels. But these levels depend upon many factors including age, time of day, overall level of physical activity, and general health. Psychological factors can cause changes in testosterone levels: levels go up in men who believe they are going to become more sexually active, levels can be affected by whether a person knows in advance that he will be test for testosterone, and so forth.

In your case, the increase in physical activity accompanying your workouts will probably have a much greater effect on your testosterone levels. If you are a young male AND working out, your testosterone level is likely to be so high that any difference masturbation (or other sexual activity) might make will be insignificant.

In much older men (over 40 years old), especially those with fewer sexual activities of other kinds, masturbation might increase testosterone levels significantly--which is not to suggest that masturbation might replace a reasonable program of physical exercise.

Although athletes were once advised to avoid sexual activities (including masturbation) *immediately* before athletic performances, studies have not found any scientific basis for this advice. So far as I know there have been no studies of the effects of abstinence *throughout* training, and probably there won't be because it would be difficult to find athletes who would agree to be abstinent for a prolonged time and no way to tell whether they really were. At any rate, nothing special about masturbation would cause it to have a bigger effect for better or worse than any other kind of sexual activity.

REFERENCED FROM:
http://www.masturbationpage.com/asmfaq1.html

umairhasmi83
March 2nd, 2005, 02:17 AM
This was stated in muscular development years ago.Sexual activity(whether by having sex or by masturbation) does not affect testosterone production in any way.So go ahead and rub one out to your favorite girl on rate desi. :D Besides think of the good workout ur forearm will get and how many calories you will burn

dyaus
March 2nd, 2005, 03:36 AM
intresting.

While I am sure the article is scientific and factual, I can personally vouch that I had more of a "drive" in the gym when I held it in for a week or two.

Ofcourse, this could have been purely mental, but I doubt it.

Ameri85
March 4th, 2005, 08:03 PM
As I've mentioned before, it does NOT effect your Testosterone levels.

23Q. I want to start working out to build muscle mass.
Some of my friends say masturbation will increase testosterone, but others say it will decrease testosterone. What effect will masturbation have?

Masturbation is very unlikely to decrease testosterone levels. Semen is not the source of testosterone, and ejaculation will not cause testosterone levels to go down.

All other things being equal, increased sexual activity -- including masturbation -- tends to increase testosterone levels. But these levels depend upon many factors including age, time of day, overall level of physical activity, and general health. Psychological factors can cause changes in testosterone levels: levels go up in men who believe they are going to become more sexually active, levels can be affected by whether a person knows in advance that he will be test for testosterone, and so forth.

In your case, the increase in physical activity accompanying your workouts will probably have a much greater effect on your testosterone levels. If you are a young male AND working out, your testosterone level is likely to be so high that any difference masturbation (or other sexual activity) might make will be insignificant.

In much older men (over 40 years old), especially those with fewer sexual activities of other kinds, masturbation might increase testosterone levels significantly--which is not to suggest that masturbation might replace a reasonable program of physical exercise.

Although athletes were once advised to avoid sexual activities (including masturbation) *immediately* before athletic performances, studies have not found any scientific basis for this advice. So far as I know there have been no studies of the effects of abstinence *throughout* training, and probably there won't be because it would be difficult to find athletes who would agree to be abstinent for a prolonged time and no way to tell whether they really were. At any rate, nothing special about masturbation would cause it to have a bigger effect for better or worse than any other kind of sexual activity.

REFERENCED FROM:
http://www.masturbationpage.com/asmfaq1.html

The answer is yes it does.

1)Testosterone will increase in the LONG run, and decrease in the short run.(that is if you masturbate/sex, you will have decreased test levels in the upcoming hours BUT when your test levels come back up, they will come back up with a boost)

I have seen this topic in many other forums and trust me I was a firm believer that it has no effect on testosterone levels for long.

But we have clearly seen that:
1)Frequent sex does elevate test levels.
2)If you go to any acne messageboard, people who are prone to acne WILL get more acne if they masturbate. Once they stop masturbating, their acne seems to go away. I wouldn't know since I don't get much acne, none at all. But increased acne is a clear sign of testosterone boost.

Bottom line is the effect of masturbation on test levels are minimal . You will do FAR better for your test levels if you work out in the gym.

-R-T-B-
March 5th, 2005, 12:56 AM
The answer is yes it does.

1)Testosterone will increase in the LONG run, and decrease in the short run.(that is if you masturbate/sex, you will have decreased test levels in the upcoming hours BUT when your test levels come back up, they will come back up with a boost)

I have seen this topic in many other forums and trust me I was a firm believer that it has no effect on testosterone levels for long.

But we have clearly seen that:
1)Frequent sex does elevate test levels.
2)If you go to any acne messageboard, people who are prone to acne WILL get more acne if they masturbate. Once they stop masturbating, their acne seems to go away. I wouldn't know since I don't get much acne, none at all. But increased acne is a clear sign of testosterone boost.

Bottom line is the effect of masturbation on test levels are minimal . You will do FAR better for your test levels if you work out in the gym.

Are you kidding me? Acne isn't a sign of "testosterone" boost Doctor, it's the imbalance of hormones, including and more importantly Estrogen. Do me a favour and include some sort of medical study backing up your claim chief.

-R-T-B-
March 5th, 2005, 12:58 AM
intresting.

While I am sure the article is scientific and factual, I can personally vouch that I had more of a "drive" in the gym when I held it in for a week or two.

Ofcourse, this could have been purely mental, but I doubt it.

The drive you're referring too often dies out after ejaculation, not because of lack of testosterone, but because of the release of pheremones which are a natural relaxant.

Ameri85
March 5th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Are you kidding me? Acne isn't a sign of "testosterone" boost Doctor, it's the imbalance of hormones, including and more importantly Estrogen. Do me a favour and include some sort of medical study backing up your claim chief.

Yeah I shouldn't have said that, I know it's not a CLEAR sign of testosterone boost but it does hold some credibility.

http://www.thetransitionalmale.com/Acne.html
" Use sports supplements such as Androstenedione and DHEA, with caution. They can elevate natural testosterone levels in females resulting in acne."

http://www.wellnesssalon.com/content/Cn_Skin_Solutions_Acne.aspx
"he adrenal hormone DHEA along with increased levels of testosterone are associated with the exacerbation of severe acne."

http://www.mercola.com/2004/dec/15/acne_drug.htm
"Typically it is the ratio between testosterone and estrogen that causes the acne. If there is too much testosterone relative to estrogen, acne will develop. So one of the other ways to treat acne would be to increase estrogen levels. One can do this with bioidentical hormones."

Estrogen has been used to actually treat acne.

Oh well, hell I'm not talking about acne here :p